Black Mold In Huntington Beach - What To Do And What Not To Do
Have you noticed that there is black mold in Huntington Beach in your home, or you suspect that there is? Then it is important that you know what this mold is exactly, along with some facts about it. You also need to know what to do and what not to do.
First, black mold is a type of mold also known as Stachybotrys Chartarum. It does and will produce irritants and allergens that can cause health effects.
You need to understand that significant mold growth can happen within 48 to 72 hours. It can also have a strong musty smell, which tells you that there is mold that is hidden under the carpets or behind the walls.
This mold can be very dangerous for anyone, but it is especially harmful for children or the elderly and for any person that deals with respiratory problems.
Now that you know what mold is and some important facts about it, you now need to know what to do if you notice mold in your home. Below are the things that you should do.
1. Don't go into any affected areas in your home. Stay out of these areas so that you are not breathing in the mold because that can and will cause health issues for you or anyone that is breathing it in.
2. Turn off the HVAC system and fans, and keep them off. That way the mold can't be spread throughout the house more by the air circulation.
3. Call in the professionals like, SERVPRO so they can start doing mold remediation services for you. The professionals have the tools, equipment, knowledge and time to ensure that your home is safe again.
Now you need to know what not to do. Below are the things you should not do when you notice mold in your home.
1. Do not ever disturb or touch the mold. This can be very dangerous for anyone. You should always stay as far away from mold as you can until the professionals can take care of the problem for you.
2. Don't blow air on or across any surfaces that has mold growth, or where you suspect that mold is growing. The air can cause it to spread more, and that will just make the problem bigger and worse for you and your family.
3. Don't try to dry the area where the mold is on your own. Let the professionals handle this for you so that you know it is done correctly.
4. Don't ever spray bleach or any other type of disinfectants on the mold. This can cause a bad reaction with the mold, and can cause further problems that you don't need in your home.
Now that you have all of this important information about black mold in Huntington Beach, you are well informed about what to do if you ever notice this problem in your home. Just be sure that you call in the professionals right away so that they can make your home safe again as quickly as possible.
Summary: Have you noticed that there is black mold in Huntington Beach in your home, or you suspect that there is? Then it is important that you know what this mold is exactly, along with some facts about it. You also need to know what to do and what not to do.